Sunday, June 12, 2011

Introduction

Hi everyone!
Thanks to some of my friends, I've finally decided to share and consolidate all my food thoughts into a blog! 

people always wanted to know what i put in my food, and how i cook it.
along with the interesting and delicious food stalls i find.
I have all of these information jumbled up in my head, some scattered around the house and over the internet that when some one ask me for the recipes/ location, I never come around to it.

so by consolidating  into this blog, I'll share everything i know about food from how I cut a garlic, to my favorite food spots and recipes.

 *Note* I do this for fun, I'm not a train chef/cook,
I just try and find ways to make things
easier and faster to cook my food while keeping it delicious.
:)

Now you must wonder, why i would take so much interest in food ?
I'm currently a student at the academy of art university studying animation, in San Francisco and it pretty much has nothing to do with it asides the fact that i look at food as art too.

I personally thing that my interests come from, a tiny island called Singapore, where i lived most of my life.  Asides missing friends and family,food is probably the other thing i miss.It is undeniably the best in the Universe. You've got to go there to truly understand what i mean. And since I've come over to the United states to study, I've been longing to replicate, if not try and satisfy my taste buds for the delicious food that I so miss. Living in Singapore, we also had a tradition i picked up in Tertiary school ,Bored of eating canteen food, we ended up venturing out to places to taste and find good food.I'm sure the food hunting tradition that i used to do with my friends has followed me.








I hope that the people who follow or read this blog,
will enjoy cooking the food I love cooking so much,
and i hope we can also share some secrets along the way too!

Desiree says" MAKAN!- Malay for eat."

No comments:

Post a Comment